Dr Adam Mir has a dual fellowship from the Faculty of Pain Medicine, The Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (FFPMANZCA) and a Fellowship from the Australian College of General Practitioners (FRACGP). He worked as an Adult Pain medicine Fellow in Liverpool, Nepean Hospital, and the Department of Pain Medicine before gaining extra training in managing paediatric chronic pain at Westmead Children's Hospital.
He is VMO at Norwest Private Hospital, Nepean Private Hospital and Waratah Private Hospital. He has helped chronic pain patients with analgesic medications (opioids and non-opioids) and non-invasive and invasive procedures (nerve blockade, radiofrequency neurotomy, platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy, spinal cord stimulator etc.).
Dr Mir has Diploma in medicinal cannabis and is an authorised medicinal cannabis prescriber. He has experience in opioid treatment programs, including Methadone, Suboxone and Buprenorphine injections. He believes in a whole-person approach to managing chronic pain based on a Socio-psycho-biomedical approach in a multidisciplinary.
He was trained in Barcelona, Spain, to use Virtual Reality Therapy for the management of chronic pain and mental health disorders. Furthermore, he has special training in using Extra Corporal Shock wave Therapy (ECSWT) to manage chronic musculoskeletal pain, including neck, back, soft tissue pain, tendonitis, tennis and golf elbow, non-union fracture etc.
- Fellowship Faculty of Pain Medicine (The Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists, ANZCA)
- Fellowship of Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (FRACGP)
- Extra Training in Paediatric chronic pain conditions, Diploma in Child Health (The children Hospital Westmead)
- Medical Doctor (MD)
- Medical Cannabis Authorised Prescriber
- Certificate of Opioid Treatment, Methadone and Suboxone Prescriber [Chronic pain and opioid Treatment] (Australian Chapter of Addiction Medicine)
- Extra Corporal Shock wave Therapy (ECSWT)
- Focused Psychological Skills [FPS], Cognitive Behavioural Therapy [CBT] (Australian Society for Psychological Medicine)
- Hypnosis [Anxiety, Depression, Chronic Pain] (The College of Medical Hypnosis)
- Studying Master of Pain Medicine (The University of Sydney)
- Functional Assessment
Languages: English, Persian, Farsi, Dari